Saturday, March 21, 2015

Christian Fiction Friday


Happy to join in my first Christian Fiction Friday!

SING A NEW SONG, book 2 in the Red River Romance series; debuts April, 2015 The untimely death of her father shatters Mary Esther Robbins’ heart and separates her from her grade school best friend, Samuel Levi Baylor. During their twenty years apart, she fulfills her life’s dream of penning new songs and singing God’s praise with a Christian band, while he tends his growing cattle herd and shares the Good News at every opportunity.

Excerpt :
The twelve-year-old boy who drove that same truck to her daddy’s funeral stood over six feet tall, a full grown man decked out in jeans, blue long-sleeved work shirt, and scuffed boots, but she’d know him anywhere.
He gawked. “It is, isn’t it?”
“Yes, it’s me. How in the world have you been, Samuel? How’d you know I was in town?”
“Well, I’ll be. Blessed. I’ve been blessed, but I didn’t have any idea. None. What are you doing here? Slumming?”
She refused to take the bait. “I’ll have you to know I’m moving back. Just now I was trying decide if the old girl is worth fixing up.”
“Really? What? You’re not singing anymore?”
“Of course, I am. No way will I ever stop singing, you goof, but I can sing in Clarksville same as in Dallas. I quit the band though. I’m sick of the road. If you could call it that.”
He nodded and looked around. “So what do you think?”
That he didn’t offer to give her a hello hug was just wrong, but she didn’t say anything about it. “I don’t know, but what about you? Are you married? How’s your grandfather? Y’all still living in English?”

Pre-Release Review:  A delightful breath of Christian air. McAdoo writes in such an eloquent way bringing her audience always nearer to God. She opens her readers’ minds to fresh ways of viewing Christian life and all it has to offer. The characters are loveable and humorous. The romantic tale is as lovely, demonstrating Christian virtues. The story was illuminating in how it shares the Gospel through Samuel’s sermons and the lyrics of Mary Esther’s songs. Fills our hearts with worship. Truly inspiring; Christian fiction in its best! A treasure for sure.
          --Christine Barber, Canadian author of Broken to Pieces

Links: All Books  /  Newsletter (Get FREE books for subscribing!)

              Praying my story gives God glory!

Christian Fiction Friday is a weekly blog hop where authors post snippets from their current Works in Progress. It is hosted by Alana Terry and Hallee Bridgeman.

No comments:

Post a Comment